INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVES
The 10th ISDEV International Graduate Workshop is the tenth of a series initiative to encourage related research in Islamic dimension. It is a continuity of the ninth ISDEV Graduate Workshop that was jointly organized by the Centre for Islamic Development Management Studies (ISDEV) and Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS). This annual event aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. Provide a platform for post-graduate students from all over the world who are doing Islamic-based research to present their works for discussion and evaluation.
2. Provide wider opportunities to academicians and post-graduate students to interact openly and build networking.
Papers presented in this graduate workshop encompassed various discipline related to Islam such as, but not limit to:
- Islamic-based development
- Islamic management and governance
- Islamic human development
- Management of Islamic development institutions
- Islamic economics
- Islamic financial institutions
- Islamic assets management and instruments
- Baitul Mal
- Islamic marketing and business
- Islamic political economy
- Islamic politic and conflict management
- Islamic research methodology
- Islamic thought
- Islamic service management
- Other Islamic-related fields
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
1. Those who plan to pursue studies and Master or PhD level in any fields with special reference to Islamic perspective.
2. Those who are currently a post-graduate student and conducting Islamic-based research in any fields of study.
3. Those who have completed studies at Master or PhD level in the year of 2014 or 2015 in any Islamic-based fields.
4. Thesis supervisors, lecturers and anyone who is interested.
Paper presenters can be anyone of the first three categories only. However, lecturer-cum-supervisor of a thesis can participate in the workshop as a participant. This is to allow those in the first three categories to experience writing, though could be guided by their supervisors and presenting their papers independently in an international academic gathering.
English or Malay.
1. Paper submitted to the workshop must be original and have not been submitted, presented or published in any other academic meetings and publications.
2. Abstract and full paper must be sent via e-mail. Acceptance of the paper will also be sent via the same method.
3. The length of the full paper must not exceed 15 single space pages, excluding tables and figures. The typeface used should be Times New Roman font 12 pt (APA format) with 1 inch margin on the left and right of the page.
4. The title page must clearly indicates:
· Title of the paper
· Name of the author
· Research Field
· Level of Studies
· Department(s) and affiliation(s)
· Mailing address
· E-mail address
· Phone numbers
· Fax number
5. All registration fees are payable by cheque/bank draft/postal order and should be made payable to ‘ISDEV’ and must be sent to the organizer via post or pay directly to ISDEV’s bank account.
6. Each paper may be commented by an experienced lecturer to assist author in improving his/her/their writing.
7. ISDEV has the copyright for all papers accepted. Outstanding papers will be considered for publication in the form of an edited book.
8. Certificates will be given only to participants who participate fully in the 2-day event of this workshop.